Dear Patients, masks are required when visiting our offices.
For the protection of all, please place your mask on prior to entering the building.
At this time, only 1 additional healthy ADULT family member will be permitted to accompany you on your visit and no children will be permitted in the ultrasound room during your exam. All other family members must wait outside the building.
A Woman’s Place will continue to provide all OBGYN appointments at the office for existing and new patients with the same great care that our patients have come to expect and deserve while following the upcoming safety protocols and guidelines. We look forward to seeing you in the office soon, and providing you with compassionate, high-quality care.
Please call us at 239-513-0053
- Monday-Thursday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
- Friday: 8:00am – 2:00pm
Telehealth visits are still available with any of our providers:
- Call our office to schedule (239) 513-0053
- Message us via the patient portal (link is on our website awpnaples.com)
- Message us via our new app (MyWomanCare)
- Tips on how to access telehealth appointment once it is scheduled:
- You will receive an email with the information for your telehealth visit.
- There will be a link to download our app (MyWomanCare) that is required for the telemed visit.
- You will need to register if you have not done so already.
- Follow the directions within the app and it will give you a log-in username.
- Once you have that you will have to log out and then log back into MyWomanCare app.
- Once you have that account created and you’re logged in, your visit will be under the heart shaped icon to the far left.
- You will click on the heart to sign in 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
- A blue screen will show that it is waiting for the provider to connect
- Any further questions contact our office (239) 513-0053
We know the birth of your baby is an important and memorable experience and this time may bring some uncertainty. We want to continue to make this experience a positive one while focusing on the comfort and safety of you and your baby.
COVID-19 Birthplace Frequently Asked Questions & Answers CLICK HERE
As you prepare for your upcoming visit, please know that we are committed to keeping you and your healthcare team safe by following these precautions:
- Only our patients are admitted to our offices at this time.
- If you have a specific reason that requires another person to accompany you, please contact our office ahead of time so we can make appropriate arrangements.
- Our healthcare team will wear masks during your visit.
- All patients are requested to wear a mask or cloth face covering (scarf, bandana, etc.) during their entire office visit.
- We perform health screens on everyone (our team included) who enters our clinic.
- The screen includes asking about flu-like symptoms and conducting a temperature check (if warranted).
- Patients who have symptoms or a temperature higher than 100.0 degrees may be rescheduled or have the appointment changed to a telehealth visit.
- We maintain social distancing within the clinic by: 6ft.
- Providing adequate space between seats in the lobby
- Bringing patients to the exam room quickly
- We added to our normal cleaning procedures by using only disinfectants effective against Coronavirus and increased our lobby cleaning schedule.
- We are following all State Health Department and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines and adjust them as they are updated.
If you have any questions about these precautions, please call us at (239) 513-0053.
Thank you for your continued trust in our care and services.
The Medical Team at A Woman’s Place